The Internet is a vast resource for many things which include various software, games, music, videos, movies and a lot of other things. First of all, on browsers, you don’t receive good download speed, and even when you do, your download can break anytime. That’s why you should always use an Internet download manager. Hence, according to us, you need the best free download manager in use. A good download manager not only brings faster download speeds but also allows you to pause as well as resume your downloads. Though, it doesn’t matter what stuff you are downloading. It even allows you to run multiple downloads in parallel and set priorities for those downloads. So, it’s time to switch to a download manager. Hence, we are here with a list of the 15 best free download manager for Windows that you can use.
What is the Download Manager?
A download manager is a software tool that is used to manage the downloading of files from the Internet. Though, it is a software which may be built into a Web browser or usually a more sophisticated that is, a stand-alone manager. Since every web browser has its integrated download manager for helping you download the files quickly. Hence, we can find anything on the web and download it on our computers, but having the best download managers for Windows PC is necessary. It is more than good if you found the best free download manager for yourself. Though some download managers even speed up the download process by downloading your data from multiple sources at once. Therefore the download managers also often support pausing and resuming of downloads.
15 Best Free Download Manager List
Here we are going to provide you with the list of 15 best download manager for pc. This list contains the best downloader with their links for your ease. We will also tell you how to find the best download manager. Therefore, if you are struggling to decide which software you should use, read to find out what we think are the best free download manager out there. Since there are many free as well as paid Download Manager Softwares available for the Windows. Although, the pro version having better user experience is also paid. Hence, we will also tell the pros and cons of those too. Therefore, you can choose any one of them and enjoy downloading your data without any stoppage. Here we will talk about the top 15 as we think the top 10 download manager could be less. Though, here we go:
1. Internet Download Manager
Almost every one of us knows about the Internet Download Manager. It is undoubtedly the best Download Manager app for Windows. We have been using the IDM from past many years. Trust me, it is one of the best. The IDM can download big files with ease. The Internet download manager is a software to manage and schedule downloads. It can also use full bandwidth. It has recovery and also resumes capabilities to restore the interrupted downloads due to lost connection, network issues, and power outages. Though, it has many features like:
- It divides downloads into multiple numbers of streams for faster downloading.
- Import and Export download jobs.
- Auto as well as manual updating of download address.
- Dynamic segmentation also throughout the downloading process.
- Authentication protocols like Basic, NTLM, and Kerberos allowing for storage and auto-authentication of user names and passwords.
- IDM supports the following web browsers like Internet Explorer, Opera, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Apple Safari, Firefox, and many others.
- The downloading speed is great.
- Multiple files can be download in parallel.
- Supports proxy servers, FTP & HTTP protocols etc.
- It is costly if you want a pro version.
2. Internet Download Accelerator
Internet Download Accelerator, also called IDA, is a shareware download manager for the Microsoft Windows. It was created by a Ukraine based software company, WestByte Software. The program’s common name is Download Master. IDA can adjust the maximum speed of the download, either manually or automatically. IDA can also browse FTP servers or preview the contents of ZIP as well as RAR files before downloading them. Similar to the other download managers on this list, IDA increases the download speeds by splitting a file being downloaded into several parts and then downloading these parts at the same time.
- It supports all the major browsers.
- IDA has the ability to resume broken downloads.
- Easy management of downloaded files is available in IDA.
- It is very near in the case of competition with the IDM etc.
- It has a limited multi-threading capacity.
- It contains ads.
- Very few plugins exist for this program.
3. Ninja Download Manager
Yes, this is one of the best Downloader for PC in our list. The software is probably the best looking download manager for pc out there. Since this download manager is new in the market, the developers had the chance to create something modern and they did that exactly. Ninja Download Manager is fast as well as efficient, with features such as parallel downloading, scheduling, previewing, pausing, etc. Though, it has built-in antivirus protection as well. There is also a chrome extension if you are looking to download files straight from the browser. Also, there is a ‘shred’ feature to cover your tracks.
- Multiple files can be download in parallel.
- Beautiful design.
- Elegant UI.
- Ability to schedule downloads.
- Support for sequential downloads etc.
- It is a free trial. The pro version costs about $19 to use professionally.
- Parsing of media on the unknown websites is not supported.
4. J Downloader 2
The J Downloader is a free, open-source download management tool with lots of great features. Most probably the coolest feature in J Downloader is its remote management ability. You can use either the mobile app or the ‘My JDownloader‘ website to start, stop, and monitor all the downloads from anywhere. Though another great thing about this software is that it changes the IP address while downloading if in case, any downloading service has blocked our original IP address from downloading the files at full speed. This is also one of the best free Download Manager on our list. This tool can also save a list of download links as a ‘password-protected encrypted file’. Hence you can easily import these files again later.
- It is free to use.
- Features are really fantastic.
- Support for famous video hosting websites.
- Supports more than 300 plugins for advanced features etc.
- Installation is filled with numbers of adware and bundleware.
- Not beginner-friendly, hence advanced features require prior knowledge.
- Its UI seems to be outdated.
5. Free Download Manager (FDM)
Free Download Manager is almost similar to IDM. It is free to use and is also an open-source program. It has faster download speeds than traditional browsers by splitting the downloading files into different parts and then downloading those parts simultaneously. Though, it has a neat and clean UI which is a plus point for its features. It is also known as the FDM. Downloads are performed in the order of how they are listed in FDM, but you can move files up and down the list to set their priority. ‘FDM Lite’ tool can also be downloaded. Though it requires less disk space than the regular version by removing things like ‘torrent client’.
- Supports pausing & resuming downloads.
- Lets you to download specific files out of archives.
- Supports the plugins for extra features like ‘BitTorrent’ support.
- Enables bandwidth control too.
- It is able to integrate with your web browser etc.
- Lacks some advanced features, especially antivirus protection.
- Sometimes it is slow to parse the links.
6. Eagle Get Download Manager
It is one of the most ‘easy to use’ tool. Since there is no doubt that it is one of the most underrated download managers, but still we assure you that it has some unique features that others download managers don’t have. Though it can automatically catch links from the browsers and starts downloading them. Hence it uses multi-threading to increase the download speed. Therefore, EagleGet’s browser extension works with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer, etc identifying the downloadable content on pages.
- It keeps your files secure with the best free backup software.
- You can also get yourself a free VPN for an additional layer of online security.
- Modern design.
- Malware protection etc.
- Filled with Ads.
- Although, it also has an annoying installation process.
7. U Get Download Manager
UGet is another open-source best free download manager for Windows which is completely free to use. It can automatically adjust its appearance based on the colour scheme and icons of the O.S. it is installed on. It also has multi-threading downloading options as well as the ability to pause & resume the downloads.
- The beautiful dark mode option is available.
- Integration with the most popular browsers.
- Support for batch download with file queuing is also here.
- Theming capabilities is present etc.
- The installation process is complicated.
- The configuration is also hard.
8. Giga Get Download Manager
It is also one of the best free Download Manager. It has excellent integration with the browsers and in addition, it even scans your downloads for viruses. This download manager isn’t much different than the others mentioned above. It supports batch downloads, URL imports, a search tool, Drop Basket, download resume and much more things. Giga Get can also monitor & download the Flash and other streaming content from your browsers.
- Download resume is supported here.
- Your own virus scanner can be used to automatically scan the downloaded files.
- Supports the batch downloads too.
- Can download Flash and similar streaming files etc.
- It has the older looks and feels in it.
9. I Download Manager
iDownload Manager is a small but powerful download manager tool for Windows. When it comes to features, it brings all the features that we have come to expect from a good download manager by now. It is a very lightweight and powerful download manager for Windows which is also available on the Microsoft Store.
- Integration with the most popular browsers.
- Support for the batch downloads.
- Automatic file management system also available etc.
- Slow in speed.
10. Microsoft Download Manager
If you are looking for a small & easy to use download manager, then try this one from Microsoft. It is one of the smallest download manager made for PC. It is now available to download for all the Windows versions. You can download this software from the official download site.
- It supports downloading the files over HTTP and HTTPS.
- It is usable in multiple languages.
- Small in size.
- Free to use etc.
- Not so much fast.
- Not very much reliable.
11. GetGo Download Manager
GetGo Download Manager is also one of the best tools for downloading, especially if want to download a number of files. You can also sort your downloads as well as categorize them using file extensions. It also includes the integration with Firefox, Google Chrome, other modern browsers. Though, another interesting feature in GetGo is that it can store login credentials for downloading files from the password-protected websites.
- “Includes a built-in web browser” to easily download the videos.
- Lets you download files from the password-protected websites.
- You can view an image before the downloading starts.
- Makes importing download links easy with its multiple options.
- Downloads can be started and stopped on a schedule etc.
- Sometimes, it seems a bit more sluggish than the other download managers.
12. Free Rapid Downloader
It is an easy way to use Java downloader that supports the file downloads from Rapidshare, Youtube, Facebook, and other file-sharing services, including the new ones like Mega. The ability to download files from file-sharing services such as Rapidshare and Mega is one of the best features of this tool. If you download a ton of files from file-sharing websites, this is the best download manager tool for you. Though, it seems to be the best free Download Manager.
- Support for popular video hosting as well as the file-sharing websites.
- Smart clipboard monitoring is used.
- Streaming support for videos etc.
- Link parsing is slower.
13. XTreme Download Manager
It is also known as the XDM. It can run on platforms like Windows, Linux, Mac etc. The XDM also supports the protocols like HTTP, HTTPS, FTP etc. Browsers that support the XDM are Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera and many more.
- The GUI has a good look.
- The design is also easy to navigate.
- It is easy to use.
- With XDM, you can set up a number of download queues, both scheduled & unscheduled. Therefore, it can give you better control over what batch of files gets downloaded etc.
- The UI is not so good.
14. Download Accelerator Plus
It is also known as DAP. The free download manager comes with the capabilities to download audio and video from various websites. Using DAP, it is now possible to download online videos as MP3 files. It comes with a built-in link checker which can tell you if a download link is broken or not. A green dot appears in the search results indicate that the download link is valid. It is one of the top download managers. It has a virus checker and the ability to start downloads immediately after importing the links.
- Download Accelerator Plus is designed or built for media fans.
- It can help you avoid irritations like slow servers and internet congestion.
- DAP is fast in case of downloading etc.
- The free version is limited when it gets compared to the Premium edition.
- The free version shows a lot of ads.
15. Flare Get Download Manager
FlareGet is a new tool and supports other platforms like Linux, MAC as well. Although, it offers a free version with some limited features. Although it is paid but not that very expensive. If you really want a powerful download manager, then you are advised to buy it. It costs around ₹690 only. It is not much expensive. So you may skip the free version and can easily buy the premium one in just ₹690.
- It is a smart Scheduler.
- Dynamic File Linking feature.
- Intelligent File Management system.
- Multi-Protocol Support like HTTP, FTP, HTTPS, YouTube and much more.
- Speed Limiter feature.
- Multi-Languages support and updates etc.
- It is paid with its premium feature.
- The free version doesn’t have so many features as in the paid one.
These are the top download manager in the market nowadays. Although there are so many other top download managers left, still, these 15 are above them all. There are also many online download manager available. You can use the online download manager easily. We have also provided the free download manager downloader links. Some of the above-mentioned tools are not completely free as they also have their premium versions but their free versions are also good. From the above tools, we advised you to go for FDM, Ninja free, and EagleGet if you are not in the mood to spend money. But that doesn’t mean that other tools are not so good. Each of the above-mentioned tools is the best.
This is our new article regarding the 15 Best Free Download Manager tools. If you have any query or any suggestion you can directly contact us as well as comment on the article. Also, tell us which toll you have used from these ones. You can also contact us in case of any help or technology advice. Hence, we will definitely respond to your queries. Thanks for visiting. Don’t forget to share and bookmark our articles. We will be back with another great topic soon.